Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Throat Swab

Sunday was a picture-perfect day.  It was sunny and, amazingly, 76 degrees.  I LOVE SPRING!  After our weekend guests left, and we all had a chance to nap, we went to Fort Harrison for a hike.  The boys received walkie-talkies for Christmas, and hadn't really used them yet.  So we took them along.  Ethan and Caleb would run ahead of us on the path with one walkie-talkie, and we adults (and Anelise in the backpack) kept the other.  It was very enjoyable. 

Unfortunately, before we left, I felt a headache coming on, and despite taking some medicine for it, it didn't seem to be going anywhere.  After we got home, I went downhill fast.  At one point, it felt like my head was radiating, so I thought maybe I should check my temperature.  102.  Hmm.  I guess it wasn't just a headache.  Sunday night was terrible.  I don't think I ever got a good REM cycle in.  I was burning up one minute, and shaking with chills the next.  Yesterday when I woke up things weren't any better.  I'd been taking ibuprofin and tylenol to treat the fever, but it kept coming back.  On top of that, I also had a lingering sore throat that seemed to be getting worse.

This morning, after a very good night's sleep, I checked my temperature and was surprised that it was still 101.  I decided it was time to go in.  So I made an appointment for this afternoon.  I have strep throat.  I haven't had a chance to go get my antibiotic yet, but I'm glad to have a definitive answer and hopefully a cure soon!

1 comment: