Saturday, April 23, 2011

Rain!

The sun is actually shining!  And it's not freezing cold outside!  We've had quite a bit of weather roll through in the last few days, with more to come.  I'm talking severe storms (although we haven't been hit too hard yet) with rain measured in full inches.  Between today and Monday morning we're supposed to get 3-4 MORE inches on top of what we've already received.  And our yard is already practically swimmable.  I really didn't mind the rain yesterday.  In fact, the rumbles of thunder around 3pm were quite appropriate for Good Friday.  I was reading through the passion story in Matthew at the time, and that was very meaningful.  But I have to admit that I'm not excited about rain on Easter.  I suppose most people would echo my sentiments.  On Thursday I brought Ethan to baseball practice, along with the other kids, and it was SO COLD.  I was so thankful that I had thought to grab Anelise's winter coat at the last second.  I made the mistake of wearing crocs without socks, and my teeth were chattering.  There's rain in the forecast for the next 5 days in a row, so I guess I should enjoy a few minutes of sunshine while we have it!

1 comment:

  1. I agree about the weather for Good Friday. We've also had gloomy weather the past few days which seems very appropriate. Though for us it's supposed to be 70-something degrees and sunny tomorrow. I'm not trying to rub it in. :)

    ReplyDelete