Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Unemployed

Today I'm going to the unemployment office.

No, I'm not looking for work.  Twice this year we have been to the emergency room.  Once with Ethan for stitches on his foot, and once for Caleb for a partially dislocated elbow.  Both visits resulted in very large hospital bills that weren't completely covered by insurance.  I'm in the process of applying for financial assistance.  I sent in all our paperwork a little over a week ago, but I received a call this morning saying that they need verification that I'm not employed.  So I get to take a detour during my Tuesday grocery shopping excursion to stop at the unemployment office with my social security card, to get an "unemployment verification sheet."  It seems like something hospitals should be able to do, since they already have my social security number, but, whatever.

In other news, I CLEANED yesterday.  "Get down on my hands and knees, scrubbing floors and baseboards" cleaning.  "Washing windows inside and out" cleaning.  "Mom would be proud of me" cleaning.  (And she is.)  My fingers hurt.  My knees probably would too, if I got down on them today.  Which I won't.

1 comment: