Wednesday, April 13, 2011

One more day

I've been a single parent since Tuesday morning.  Not really, of course, especially since Krista's been around too.  But Jonathan is at the Gospel Coalition conference in Chicago this week.  The pastors of our church were going, and when Jonathan heard about it, he wanted to go too.  So the reps from Faith Church are the senior pastor, the associate pastor, the youth pastor, the worship director, and Jonathan.  Of course, Jonathan had to pay for his registration (I'm assuming the pastors' registrations are taken care of by the church, but I could be wrong).  He'll be coming home tomorrow, hopefully in time for his (and Ethan's) first baseball practice.  I'm ready for him to come home.  I've had major meltdowns from Ethan, and when I picked up Caleb from school today I was told he had had two (TWO!!!) timeouts (very unusual for Caleb).  Sigh.  Anelise has been happy and pleasant for the most part, which is refreshing.  Nights are the worst.  I should be in bed.  But it's hard to go to bed when I'm home "alone".  I don't feel nervous or afraid about Jonathan not being here; I just don't feel like physically getting up and doing the getting ready for bed things.  But it's time.  Here I go.

1 comment:

  1. Me too, starting this morning! Nick is in Toronto until Saturday and nights (so far) are going to be the worst. And for me it's all the creepy noises I hear in a new place. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete