Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Oops

On a NORMAL day, my alarm gets me up at 7:00 so that I can get Ethan out the door by 7:30.
On a NORMAL day, Jonathan is around in the morning to help get Caleb to school by 9:00.
On a NORMAL day, Anelise wakes up between 7:30 and 8:00, usually closer to 8.
On a NORMAL day, I don't have strep throat.

Today was not a normal day.

Today my alarm was not set, because it's Ethan's spring break.
Today Jonathan had training at 8:00 and was out the door before 7:30.
Today Anelise slept until 8:50.
Today I slept late because I'm sick.

Here's what happened:  The boys were up at 7:00, and Jonathan was already up getting ready.  So he got PBS turned on for them and gave them instructions to "not bother mommy."  Wasn't that sweet?  So I continued to sleep, oblivious to anything.  And so did Anelise.  Until 8:50, when Anelise started talking, and I woke up and GASP! Caleb has to be at school in 10 minutes!!!  And of course Caleb was still in his pajamas and hadn't had breakfast.  I'm pretty pleased to report that he was only 15 minutes late.  I'm pretty sure I packed him a lunch, but that memory is pretty fuzzy.

2 comments:

  1. and you're feeling better? ...on anti-biotic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Impressive that you were able to get them out the door, and equally impressive that those boys did such a good job listening to Jonathan.

    ReplyDelete