Monday, June 27, 2011

Monday

It's definitely Monday around here.  Typically Mondays are good days, but today, we're struggling.  And to make matters worse, I had already typed a bunch of this post when Anelise decided to turn off the computer by pressing the power button multiple times.  She received a time out, which is a new thing for her.  She's learning how to say "sorry, Mommy." 

Ethan started Springhill day camp today.  It's all week, every day, from 9 am until 4 pm.  And Caleb is at the Children's Museum with Mom Baker, who is in town for a bit.  So my plan WAS to get my grocery shopping done today.  However, Anelise's constant crying and need for attention has shown me that shopping is not a good idea.  I guess it can wait until tomorrow.  Shopping with 2 kids is still so much easier than with 3, right? 

With Kids Camp last week (it went really well!), things on the home front took a back seat, so I have plenty of things to occupy my time at home.  But I'm having a hard time getting motivated to start.  I HAVE started a load of laundry, but I have dishes that need doing, not to mention just picking up clutter that has landed in various places around the house.  And speaking of dishes, our dishwasher is no longer being used.  It was stalling between the wash cycle and dry cycle.  For awhile I was able to stop it, let it rest for an hour or two, and then restart it.  But now it won't finish.  Ever.  I researched online for a new one, chose the one I wanted, went to Lowes, and discovered that it's a special order, which means it may be up to two weeks before it arrives.  In the meantime, I've had dishes piling up for the last two days that need to be dealt with.

Oh, and in addition to buying a new dishwasher, we also bought a new lawnmower last week.  This month is going to be an ugly one on the budget.  Sigh.

3 comments:

  1. And it doesn't help that it is rainy out. Makes for a depressing day. Do you think Anelise is getting sick? Kaylee is more needy and clingy when she is sick. Hope your evening goes better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that sounds just like our house (except for the camp and Grandpa part).

    Maybe she's just over tired from a crazy week + weekend. I know Marcus is, just overall Mr. Cranky Pants--but WOULD NOT take a morning or early nap. So I'm trying to get him to eat now and do a LONG afternoon nap. The older two are supposed to be cleaning up their rooms but told me "I keep getting distracted"--I'm so there! :)

    Hope your day gets better. And your dishwasher comes earlier then expected. (or maybe go to another Lowes or Home Depot to see if its there?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what happened to the Riedel mower? Did she die on you?

    ReplyDelete