Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Deal of the Day

A little later this summer, we will spend two weeks at two cottages.  The first week will be in Michigan City with the Baker side, and the second week will be at Morrison Lake with the Ippel side.  I am very much looking forward to these upcoming two weeks.  Since both cottages are on lakes, and since I don't have any appropriate floatation devices for Anelise, I thought I'd check out what Meijer had to offer, during my weekly shopping trip.  I found a very nice, appropriately sized, neoprene life jacket that fit Anelise really well (and once I tried it on her, she didn't want to take it off!).  Unfortunately, it didn't have any tags, and there weren't any other ones like it.  There were some other brand name neoprene jackets on sale for 44.99.  I was hoping not to spend that much, and I figured since it was an off-brand, it would be cheaper.  So at the checkout, another associate took the jacket back to the sporting department to figure out a price while I got the rest of my groceries checked out.  It took her a long time (which didn't surprise me, as I already knew there weren't any others like it), but finally she called my checkout person to give him a price.  I was hoping for something around $30.  Guess what they charged me?

$10.49!!! 

I am so pleased.  I know life-jackets are important, but it's hard to spend money on something you know will likely only fit your child for one season.  This jacket goes up to 30 lbs, so it's possible she could still wear it next year, but that's unlikely.  But we're going to really enjoy it this summer!



2 comments:

  1. So cute! PS... does it say "Kidder" on it? :) that's funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup. Apparently "kidder" is the brand.

    ReplyDelete