Thursday, September 8, 2011

Today is the Day!

Today is the day that Anelise moves into her big-girl bed.  I really hope it goes well, because the crib is taken apart and put in the closet.  And it's not easy to put back together.  We moved Ethan into his bed around 20 months, and Caleb right around 2.  Both of them transferred to the bed so easily, so we decided to move Anelise at about the same age.  She's 23 months.  I found a duvet cover that I loved, and it arrived on Tuesday.  So yesterday during Awanas, Anelise and I went to Target to find sheets, a mattress pad, and a pillow.  Today I washed everything, took apart the crib, put the mattress on the floor, and put the bedding on it.  I also rearranged her room, which I enjoy doing every so often.  Eventually we'll put the box spring under the mattress, and after that, we'll get a bed frame.  For now, with just the mattress on the floor, it doesn't look very permanent, but I'm still pleased with how it looks.



6 comments:

  1. Hope it goes well. That is a really cute bed cover!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the bedding! Where did you find it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got it at Target.com, but I believe it's being discontinued. I wasn't able to get the matching sheets (though I found some nice solid green ones that match the tree). It's made by Dwell Studio.

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks great! i'm eager to hear how it went going down tonight...

    ReplyDelete