Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Jump on the Bandwagon!

I don't always follow the crowds.  Jonathan does even less.  Take his refusal to read Harry Potter, for example.  But when everyone else in the family abandoned Xanga for Blogger, I felt out of the loop.  And since I hadn't posted anything in MONTHS, I thought maybe a change would help inspire me to post again.  So here I am.

I'm not going to make any promises about faithfully blogging here.  And when we do post, it will likely be a short anecdote of what's going on in our family life.  And don't look for pictures here.  Most of you know we don't take them. 

Anecdote for today:  Tuesdays I go grocery shopping.  (We've been budgeting for the last couple of months.  For the first time in our 10 year marriage.  We were realizing that we didn't have a good idea of where our money was going.  And mint.com is a great resource (thanks Ben & Jodi, via Julie).)  I have been shopping at four (yes, you read that correctly, FOUR!!!) different stores for groceries, in order to save money.  I have a monthly grocery budget, which is the figure that counts on our online budget.  That amount, multiplied by 12 and divided by 52, gives me my weekly budget.  I have been staying under my weekly budget!  BUT.  (Let's talk about my big BUT.)  March has 5 Tuesdays.  :(    Now, I know it will all even out in the end, but it's so sad to see my budget line turn red because I'm over. 

1 comment:

  1. welcome to the bandwagon!

    glad you're liking mint. i know what you mean, though...that red "progress bar" is pretty sad.

    thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete