Monday, November 14, 2011

Laundry

Today I went to the laundromat for the first time. 

Caleb was sick Friday night.  I don't want to gross anyone out, so let's just say the guest room comforter had to be washed.  And it's too big to fit in my washer.  So I found a place not too far from home that has commercial sized washing machines.  And it appeared from my research (online) that I could drop my laundry up and have them do it, or I could stay and wash it myself.  I called this morning to find out the price difference.  The difference was $6, and I decided my time was worth more than that.  So I took the easy route and dropped it off.  And I'm glad I did.  For people who don't regularly frequent the laundromat, that place is intimidating!  I would have had to ask how to work everything.  And the machines aren't coin operated anymore either.  They have a debit card system.  I know, that makes so much sense.  But it would still feel overwhelming to me, trying to figure it all out.  I have a fear of asking questions.  No, check that.  I have a fear of appearing ignorant or inept.

Anyhow, I DO have a clean comforter back on the guest bed, ready for our Friday night guests.  And hopefully Ethan won't succumb to the bug that both of his siblings have had.

1 comment:

  1. Good call. I probably would've tried to do it on my own, but also hate feeling inept and would probably do something wrong. Glad it worked out for you!

    ReplyDelete