Monday, August 8, 2011

Was Blind, But Now I See!

Late Saturday night we returned from our marathon two-week vacation.  Week #1 was with the Bakers, week #2 was with the Ippels, with a quick weekend between visiting our good friends, Joel and Shontel, who recently moved to St. Joseph, Michigan, conveniently located between our two vacation spots! 

On the first full day of vacation, we were in Lake Michigan at Michigan City, Indiana (how confusing is that?!) and I was venturing into the large waves.  I had kept my glasses on, because as a fully-grown adult, my footing is quite good, and I was not planning on putting my head underwater.  My husband, however, though he is also a fully-grown adult, acts more like a playful puppy sometimes, decided to tackle me, just as a very large wave crashed over both of us.  And in an instant, my clear vision was gone.  We looked for my glasses for several minutes, knowing full well that the likelihood of finding them was very small.  That afternoon, I spent a good chunk of time looking online for places where I might be able to get new glasses.  The only place remotely close had a wait time of 7-10 days from the exam until the glasses would be ready.  I ended up making an appointment in Grand Rapids (location of vacation week #2) and spent the vast majority of vacation week #1 without (decent) vision.

Last week Sunday I was in and out of Eyeglass World within 45 minutes, with newly examined eyes and two fresh pairs of glasses (which I like very much).  And the bill for all of it was only $117; significantly less than I was expecting to pay.  And now I can see!  And you can't put a price on that.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmmm....I recall a recent conversation about you wanting new glasses and your loving husband being content with your current pair? How ironic that he should be a part of this....

    ReplyDelete