Thursday, August 25, 2011

Walking

Now that both boys are gone every week day morning, I'm able to get outside and walk again!  Three times this week, I've gotten up with Anelise and gone for a good, brisk walk.  By my estimates, I've walked about 6 miles this week.  Anelise seems to enjoy it too, especially if we take breakfast along.  I pack a sandwich bag with some dry cereal, grab her sippy cup of milk and a banana, and out we go.  She gets especially excited about seeing dogs.  And part of our neighborhood route goes past a pond that has ducks.  Almost as soon as we're out the door she starts saying "water?" "duckies?"  It's very cute.  I'm hoping that by continuing this routine as many days as we're able, it will become a fun, whine-free form of exercise.  For both of us.

2 comments:

  1. nice. I'm a bit jealous that you have mornings to do that. enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your brat keeps on walking on my grass. Please hold her hand or keep her on a short leash.

    ReplyDelete