Thursday, February 9, 2012

Tooth Fairy

Nope, the tooth fairy still has not visited our home.  However, her inaugural stop on Marla Drive is imminent.  Here's the surprise: it won't be for Ethan.

Ethan has an adult tooth protruding behind his lower front baby teeth.  The dentist said he should keep working on wiggling the baby tooth in front of the adult tooth.  It's starting to get loose, but there's a lot of progress to be made.

Yesterday, Caleb said his tooth was hurting a little, and when I inspected it, I discovered that it is SO loose that it could come out any day.  In fact, he wanted me to pull it, but when I started, he changed his mind.  :)  (Then Ethan said, "you know, my top teeth are hurting a little..." and discovered that his top teeth are quite a bit looser than the bottoms!)

I pulled Ethan aside later, and asked him if he'll be disappointed if Caleb loses a tooth before he does (after all, Caleb's two years younger!).  He thought for a second, then responded with, "I just really want to lose one, so that I can get more money for legos."  (Okay, sibling rivalry not an issue on this one!)  I told him that he wouldn't get very much from the tooth fairy, maybe a quarter.  He looked at me, shocked.  "Most kids get $5!!!"  WHAT?!  Not in this house, buddy.  Our tooth fairy is Dutch.

3 comments:

  1. Ha! Love it! We used to get a silver dollar. I thought that was really cool. :) I won't be dropping $5 on my kids teeth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so funny! Jay just lost another one this week and Ben gave $2- the funniest part was I suggested $1 and I'm hardly Dutch :) I do have some friends that give $5 to $10...a bit ridiculous, in my opinion

    ReplyDelete
  3. FIVE?!?! Will got $1 for the first I think? And maybe 50 cents after that? I don't remember. And he's not had any lose teeth after he lost his first 4 (and they seemed to all fall out at once.)

    ReplyDelete